10 Ways to Transform Your Resume Today
Get ready for the new year with a new resume for new career opportunities what better way to start a new year new you resolution other than sprucing up the old job baiting resume. You’ll be broke after Christmas anyway, so instead of starting the new year panicking on how you’ll afford to celebrate it, try planning for new year money making opportunities. Let’s face it, you probably haven’t even looked over your resume since the last time you’ve applied for a job, and there are job competitors out there with up-to-date modernized resumes just awaiting the perfect job opening. It could be your ideal job opening; don’t miss your opportunity to possibly make more money, and change your life with a new job by not being prepared.
Why change your Resume?
Maybe you like the way your resume currently looks, or you are comfortable with your job. There are so many employment opportunities in Southern California and Orange County; one may catch your attention and be a potentially lucrative opportunity. In the current job market, even with Staffing Company Jobs, they require resumes to be created in a specific format. The time of employers hand reading resumes choosing an employee are over with the advancement of technology.
Employers, recruiters, and Staffing Company Jobs utilize resume screening software to chose the best resumes out of the piles of resumes submitted by job seekers. This software searches through resumes for keywords that apply to the job tasks that are needed to be performed for the open job position. You’re not only competing against thousands of other job seekers, but you’re also competing against software that’s looking for specific keywords that determine if you are qualified for the position in the first place.
With all of these odds against you, it’s time to gain the upper-hand and ensure job hunting success with an up-to-date and professional resume. First, what determines whether your resume is acceptable to employers? Is your resume correctly composed, and ready to snag your dream job?
Parts of a Resume
Heading – The heading of the Resume includes information needed for the employer to contact you. This information consists of your name, Email address, Phone Number, and permanent address.
123 Address Drive, Address World, 1234
(123) 456 – 7890
Career Objective – The career objective should include your intentions for your resume. The objective should consist of the specific industry you would like to work in and your goals in that industry.
“To acquire a long-term career in the industry of my expertise and use industry opportunities for career advancement.”
Summary – The summary of the Resume consists of your employment history, experience, skills, career duties and other information that will persuade the employer to call you back.
Professional Qualifications – the Professional Qualifications section of the resume is where your education history, honors, and rewards.
Other Qualifications – You can provide a section on your resume which states qualifications that may not apply to the job that you are applying for.
Educational Background – The educational background section of your resume is where information is provided about the schools which you attended to gain the qualifications needed for the potential job.
Transform your Resume into your Dream Career
5 Ways to Improve your Resume:
- Simple Format – When transforming your resume, be sure to use a simple and easy to follow format. See if the company you are applying for has a required resume format or a preferred resume format you can follow.
- Spelling and Grammar edit – Ensure that your spelling and grammar is sufficient by proofreading your resume after edits.
- Use Industry Keywords – Research qualification keywords for the industry you are applying to, to ensure that screening software puts your resume at the top of the list.
- Include Cover Letter – Tailor a Cover letter which entails why you would like to work for the company you are applying for, and why you are the most qualified for the job. Be sure to thank the company for the opportunity of applying for the open position and a call to action at the end.
- Update Information- Make sure that all of the information displayed on your resume is up-to-date and relevant to the position you are applying.
5 Ways to make your Resume stand out
- Add a professional Photograph
- Include subtle color
- Adjust your resume to be relevant to the job you are applying for
- Unique Design
- Add samples of your work
Now that you have some information about how to transform your resume to become more professional and successful at getting you the job you want, put it to use and get started now! Numerous job opportunities are coming to Orange County Southern California in the new year. Get a head start at a career change and be ready for Staffing Company Jobs and new business job opportunities on their way in 2019!