Reports to the Director. Provides professional nursing services. Assesses the needs of patients and initiates, implements and evaluates individualized plans of care. Collaborates with other professional, clinical and ancillary staff in providing quality care to patients.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. Candidates hired after January 1, 2014 must have or obtain a BSN within three years of employment as a Registered Nurse.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge and competency in performing nursing care procedures, assessments, treatment and techniques.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills necessary to solve complex problems and make decisions related to patient care.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, visitors, physicians and others.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Requires an understanding of the need to be responsive and reasonably adaptable for scheduling purposes, when necessary, due to extenuating circumstances in support of co-workers and department functions.
- Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
Works in a patient care environment requiring physical exertion, frequent changes in job demands, and certain undesirable patient care activities.May be exposed to bio-hazards.Must be able to report to work location within 30 minutes when on call.
Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position
Is Relocation Available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience, also an additional $3.00 add-on an hour for all Surgery RN’s
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
It is a Trauma Level II facility that takes pride in offering safe and effective care to patients in need. This position will serve on the Open Heart team, which offers a variety of services, some including the newest technology available. Open Heart is one of the foundation service lines that provides a variety of cardiothoracic procedures and works in conjunction with Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, and Trauma Services to ensure patient need requirements are met.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
It requires 3-5 years of experience in the CVOR, and circulating and scrub skills are essential. Highly motivated and dedicated team members are a necessity. Lastly, an excellent work ethic is essential to the success of this team.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Experience with Cerner. Experience with Interventional Radiology procedures.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
The CVOR is an elite team within the Surgical Services Department. Leadership is dedicated to establishing positive work-life balances for the staff on this team. There are always opportunities for career advancement. Memorial offers classes to obtain CVOR at no charge to the RN after two years of employment.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION