How Do Employment Agencies Work? Can They Get Me a Job?
In the realm of employment, there are two sides to the coin. Job seekers say, “I am unable to find a good job despite my qualification and experience.” while employers think, “Highly skilled talent is difficult to find.” So how do you get through the hiring process? Employment agencies in Irvine, CA can help. They are experienced people from the staffing industry, finding the right talent to fill various kinds of job positions – from temporary to permanent – in different career fields.
In Irvine, recruitment agencies help hire candidates for suitable job roles, both in the private and public sectors. Typically, these firms specialize in the following fields:
- Executive job search
- Personnel recruitment
- Staffing services, or temporary placement
Every day, these employment agencies place millions of candidates in different career prospects. According to the American Staffing Association, the staffing agencies employ over 2 million job seekers every business day in the contract and temporary industry. The recruitment percentage for permanent job positions is also high.
So, how do these recruitment agencies work? Let’s check out.
How Do Employment Agencies in Irvine, CA Work?
For the Employer
As per the estimates of the American Staffing Association, recruiting an employee may cost 7-20% of that job position’s salary, and takes 30-45 days to fill. This can be intimidating for some companies, so they farm out the recruitment process to an experienced employment agency. The firms work for employers who hire them to find the right talent with specific qualifications and skills. Companies do not hire agencies to have a bunch of candidates who “sort of” fulfill their requirements or “could” perform the job if hired. Rather they want only 3-4 people who ‘best’ fit the job role. Thus, the responsibility of the recruitment agency is to be highly specific in the selection process.
Whenever there are single or multiple positions to fill, the company will update all necessary details about the job to the agency. This includes job role and responsibility, qualification requirement, work experience, salary, special skills, etc. The recruiter will then search through its database to find suitable candidates. The agency may also post the job online to pool talents having the right skills. They will then perform a preliminary interview with the candidates, shortlist, and arrange a direct interview with the employer.
For the Job Seeker
On the other side of the coin, job seekers who are interested to pursue a career in their field of specialization may enlist with a recruitment agency. The firm will match your qualification and experience with suitable career prospects for temporary or permanent positions. Discussed here is the process most employment agencies in Irvine, CA follow to get you a job:
- As a job seeker, you would need to contact an employment agency and learn how to enlist your candidature with them.
- Sign up online or register with your recent resume, passport size photo, documents of academic qualification, and proof of employment (if applicable). The registration requirements vary from agency to agency.
- The recruiter may call you for an interview to better understand your credentials, personality, job requirements, etc.
- Based on your qualification and skills, the agency will find a matching job position for you. This could be a temporary job, temp-to-perm, or permanent job role depending on your expectations.
- They will notify you about the career opening via text message, telephone, or email. You can review the opportunity and apply for an interview. Besides you, there are numerous other candidates who may be suitable for the job position and the agency will arrange an interview for all. After the initial interview process, the employment agencies in Irvine, CA will sift through all the resumes to shortlist a few. The firm will then set up a direct interview of the shortlisted candidates with the employer.
- If you are selected for the job role, the agency will inform you the same and move forward with the necessary formalities.
Can Employment Agencies Get Me a Job?
Employment agencies in Irvine, CA have vast experience, broad connections, and a wide network of career opportunities across different fields and for various employers. They will leverage their skill and huge database to match your qualifications with a suitable job. Working with a reputable recruitment agency, you can forget the hassles of finding a good job in California. Right from job search to interviewing, negotiating for salary, and final placement, they will do all for you and at no cost. Yes, top agencies do not charge any fee from job seekers.
In addition to getting you a job, employment agencies in Irvine, CA may also help you with expert advice to create a powerful resume, offer assistance to pass through an interview, tips on how to improve your personality or skills, and anything in between.