Need to Hire a Registered Nurse (RN)? These are the Benefits of Using a Registered Nurse Staffing Agency
A registered nurse is trained to coordinate and provide optimum patient care, educating patients about their health conditions, advice, and support the emotional health of the patient, as well as, their family’s. To find one, the best source is to coordinate with a registered nurse staffing agency.
As the operational head of a healthcare company, you have probably learned how to recognize the value of screening and hiring candidates using staffing services. However, not everyone realizes that healthcare staffing agencies provide more than just specific benefits to the business.
Roles & Responsibilities of Registered Nurses
A registered nurse typically works under the direction of a physician or a doctor. The main role is to administer medications and treatments, check and record vital signs, and perform diagnostic tests. They also educate patients, caregivers, and families regarding healthcare procedures. Increasing employment opportunities, handsome compensation plans, advanced opportunities and flexible work schedule are some of the major benefits of working as a registered nurse.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Patient condition assessment
- Record patient medical history and symptoms
- Observe patient condition and record
- Administer medicines and treatments to patients
- Set up proper care plans for patients
- Consult doctors and healthcare professionals
- Operate/monitor medical equipment
- Help with diagnostic tests and result analysis
- Help patient and families to learn how to manage the condition
Traits of an Ideal Registered Nurse
Before hiring a registered nurse (RN), here’s what you should know:
- Registered Nurse is a position that calls for candidates display extraversion, or social interaction, more prominently than others. The best candidate should be content while working within a group setting and look out for leadership roles.
- Candidates should have an agreeable nature, which is friendly and approachable. An ideal candidate should know how to cooperate with everyone and ensure harmony is maintained.
- Candidates should have conscientious nature and strive for perfection at every step.
- Stability is an important trait of registered nurses. The position requires people with a stable mind and decision making abilities. There may be stressful situations. A registered nurse is expected to be positive even in the worst situation.
- Willingness to explore and try new things is another important quality of registered nurses. An ideal candidate should be willing to try new ways and accept the latest developments.
Why should you Hire RN from a Registered Nurse Staffing Agency?
- Relevant Expertise: Not all trained nurses have the composition and character to succeed in this healthcare industry. When you hire a registered nurse from a staffing agency, you can expect quality nurses with relevant industry experience. From asking questions to conducting screenings, trained registered nurses meet all the requirements of patients and a healthcare facility.
- Dedicated Staffing: Besides extensive work experience, specialized healthcare staffing companies also provide high-quality service. Whereas general staffing companies assist an array of clients, these niche-specific companies are important in forming long-term relationships with some businesses.
- Better Candidates: If you want to locate the best-registered nurses in your area, you should consider a staffing agency dedicated solely to the category. The benefit of working with a specialized staffing agency is that it gives your company access to a wider selection of valuable candidates. Staffing agencies, on the other hand, prescreen all candidates before you interview or meet them. Rest assured, your business is in the best and the most competent hands.
- Proficient Interview Process: Healthcare companies generally hold their staff to a high standard. A major benefit of working with these specific staffing companies is that they would conduct a thorough research and interview candidates based on their field experience. Starting with resume reviews to license verification to drug tests as well as background checks, staffing agencies ensure that every recommended candidate is qualified and proficient for the position.
Categories of Registered Nurses
- Genetic Nurses: Genetic nurses are responsible for providing screening, counseling and administering treatments for patients suffering from genetic disorders like cystic fibrosis.
- Neonatology Nurses: Nurses taking care of newborn babies and specially trained to handle critical cases fall under this category.
- Nephrology Nurse: They take care of patients with kidney diseases arising from high blood pressure, diabetes, substance abuse and others.
- Public Health Nurse: They promote public health care by educating people on the symptoms of chronic diseases. They are also responsible for running health screenings, blood drivers, immunization clinics, and community outreach programs.
- Critical Care Nurse: They work in the Intensive Care Units (ICU) in hospitals and provide care to critical patients with serious, acute and complex illness or injuries that require close attention and treatment.
- At-Home Treatment Nurse: Roles and duties of at-home nurses depend on the patient they would look after. For instance, an oncology nurse would be looking after cancer patients whereas a geriatric nurse would be working with elderly patients. Some registered nurses may also combine one or more specialties and practices to provide care.
Looking for a registered nurse with preset traits may be difficult. Leave it to a registered nurse staffing agency for a good search.