Want to Get a Job Through Medical Staffing Agencies? Here’s how you can find one.
Finding the first job immediately out of medical school may not be easy. Medical staffing agencies can provide insights and solutions to candidates seeking a good job in the industry.
Staffing agencies provide necessary guidance, as well as, stability even in this cutthroat competitive job market. Medical staffing agencies have an existing network and connection to different types of medical workplaces of interest where it’s definitely easier to get better visibility. However, since not everyone is aware of this type of job placement…here are some ideas as to how you could go about it.
What Can Medical Staffing Agencies Do for Me?
Once you have the final medical degree in your hand, you are skilled enough to find a suitable job. Sign on with a medical staffing agency to get multiple choices, benefits, as well as a rewarding work environment. Needless to say, all agencies are not the same, but you can expect some of the perks mentioned below.
- Multiple Choices: Based on your requirements, you can both opt for contractual, temporary, per-day basis, temporary-to-permanent, direct, and travel placement jobs. As a result, you can explore different options to find the most suitable job.
- Different Industrial Jobs: Being a medical student, you can find an industry job across any of the streams of medicine. From respiratory therapy to dental and medical administration related job, staffing agencies offer various options. Agencies also scout out opportunities in multiple specializations applicable for a candidate.
- Advantages: There are many benefits of enrolling with an agency. They handle each candidate with care and ensure placement. They also offer benefits with respect to the lifestyle, schedule, and needs of a candidate.
- Services: Regardless of your concerns and queries, agencies try to provide guidance and help you find the best-fit job. Some agencies also provide 24/7 services.
How do they Work?
Staffing agencies receive a fee from companies to help them find employees skilled in specific jobs. Job seekers may apply to find specific roles through an agency, or contact the agency.
The agency interviews candidates and places them in appropriate positions. As a Contractor or as a direct hire employee. If you are selected to work as a contractor, you are technically the agencies employee and will be dispatched to the client’s facility (therefore your hourly rate will be paid by the agency not the client).
However, if you are selected as a direct hire employee the agency deliver your candidacy to the company as you will then need to follow the rules and regulation that the client follows in order to become their permanent employee (in this form you would be paid directly by the client not the agency).
Benefits of a Medical Staffing Agency
- Free Services: Most of the medical staffing agencies are free for job seekers so there is no need for you to pay anything to the agency.
- Credible Job Searching: As you sign up with a staffing agency, they would like to know your skill sets and work experience to find a suitable position. While you can search for medical jobs online, they have better ways to do it. In fact, they may also know job openings that are not available on job sites.
- Get More Options: Staffing agencies specialize in almost all industries across several verticals. So, you are exposed to all kinds of roles and responsibilities, and jobs ranging from temporary or short-term to permanent positions.
- Diverse Services: Medical and healthcare staffing agencies should bear some factor in mind before offering services. For instance, a full-fledged nursing center or medical facility does not rely on doctors alone. They also require nursing staff, support staff, highly-trained pharmaceutical agents, lab assistants, physical therapists, and other professionals. You can expect agencies to provide effective solutions to employers and job seekers, depending on their interdependent requirements.
- Expect a Feedback: Staffing agencies have a network and they believe in providing feedback to the candidate about the process. They might as well offer suggestions to revise the resume and provide guidelines for a successful interview.
What are the Positions Handled by Medical Staffing Agencies?
Don’t be surprised, as some of the leading agencies recruit highly skilled medical professionals and place them.
- Doctors: An agency recruits the best doctors and physicians for hospitals and nursing centers. They are equipped to handle candidates like general practitioners as well as specialist doctors.
- Nursing Staff: Nursing staffs are highly-skilled and dedicated professionals in the healthcare industry. Agencies put in their best effort to find suitable candidates having skilled proficiency and place them at the leading medical facilities.
- Pathologists and Medical Scientists: Pathology is an important stream of healthcare. Depending on the pathology, patients receive accurate and timely treatments. Agencies can find highly skilled, trained, and experienced experts in this category.
- Therapists: Physical therapists provide complementary treatments to patients and their contribution cannot be ignored. Agencies hunt down the best therapists in industry and place them in the right position.
While most of the jobs available through medical staffing agencies benefit candidates starting out their careers, ample opportunities for experienced candidates are also available.