Are You a Registered Nurse looking for your next opportunity? Here Are Some Benefits You Can Get From A Healthcare Staffing Agencies
Once you have earned the degree of a registered nurse (RN), you would have plenty of options. You would be trained to provide as well as coordinate patient care, educate them about various health complications, and provide emotional support and medical advice.
Healthcare Staffing Agencies recruit registered nurses for various healthcare organizations within hospitals, and clinics. Some staffing companies also provide temporary nurses and workers. There is a steady growth in demand for temporary workers.
Registered nurses are qualified as well as skilled individuals who understand the benefits of working in an environment temporarily. Hiring workers on a temporary basis with the help of medical staffing agencies is largely beneficial for leading hospitals as well as small private clinics and practices.
Roles & Responsibilities of Registered Nurses
Registered nurses are typically responsible for the following:
- Patient condition assessment
- Record patient medical history with symptoms
- Observe patient and record all observations
- Set up a treatment plan and/or contribute relevant updates to an existing plan
- Consult with doctors and collaborate with healthcare professionals
- Operate medical equipment
- Perform necessary diagnostic tests
- Analyze diagnostic test results
- Help patients and their families to manage diseases and injuries
- Explain how to care for the patient at home
Duties and roles of registered nurses depend on the work environment and the patients they are helping. For instance, a geriatric nurse works with elderly patients whereas an oncology nurse works with cancer patients. Some registered nurses also combine one or more disciplines, such as a pediatric oncology nurse who works with children and teens suffering from cancer.
What is the role of Healthcare Staffing Agencies in Choosing a Registered Nurse?
Healthcare Staffing Agencies are always looking for registered nurses with academic excellence and experience. They play a key role in placing registered nurses at the right hospital, private clinic, or facility, depending on the area of expertise.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Best Suited Candidates: When you choose a registered nurse from a medical staffing agency, expect to get only potential and best-suited candidates. These candidates are chosen after a rigorous search and verification. If you had to attempt this hiring process, you would only receive the resume. However, when you go through a medical staffing company, you can get only selected candidates before hiring.
- Only Top Talent: When you choose healthcare staffing agencies to do the recruitment process, expect only qualified workers. As people looking for a job through staffing companies have to go through an arduous assessment process followed by questionnaires, healthcare facilities only want to hire candidates showing greater potential.
- Better Choices: Usually, it is difficult to find a candidate to fit into a position exactly as you want. However, when you work with a staffing agency, you can choose from a diverse range of candidates applying for the listing. It narrows your search and gives you exactly what you want.
What are the benefits of registered nurses?
When registered nurses sign up with registered nurse staffing agency, there are some obvious benefits.
- Handsome Pay Package: Professional registered nurses look for better-paying opportunities through a staffing agency. Working with an agency for healthcare staffing ensures a better income and position. Though income differs from one state to another, depending on geographical location, some staffing companies do provide payment of almost double the range of a full-time employee.
- The flexibility of Scheduling: One of the greatest benefits of working with a healthcare or medical staffing agency is the flexibility of scheduling. You may decide to work in a particular schedule, then take some time off, and resume. When you work with a staffing agency, you can plan, schedule and reschedule your own time.
- Diverse Experiences: Staffing agencies provide services to different healthcare facilities in specialties like Acute Care Hospitals, Acute Rehab Hospitals, Rehabilitation Facilities, Long Term Care Facilities, Pediatric Care Units, Assisted Living, and Personal Care Homes. With such multifaceted specialties, nurses can utilize this as an opportunity to practice in any one of these streams. In fact, the availability, as well as exposure to these opportunities, can be further utilized as a strategy to enter into another area of nursing with no experience.
Healthcare staffing agencies can provide multiple avenues and opportunities for employment. It also opens up new opportunities to create a professional network.